Antonis Sykaris was born in May 1962. Married with Kalliopi Koni and father of two children Violeta and Giannis and grand father of Iris. In 1976 founded the electric domestic appliances chain store under SYKARIS brand , with 28 points of sales, 400 employees and 60 million euros turnover, owner of which , till 2006. From 2006 he is the CEO of the company ALPI S.A. REAL ESTATE AND ENERGY. Since 1991 he is member of the Greek Mountaineers Association (SEO) and also member of the Greek Mountaineering and Climbing Federation. He is also member of the Team 100 Mentors , member of the boars of Ble Kedros (Blue Cedar) AEEAP, as well as speaker in companies, Universities, events and in TEDx (Inspirational-Motivational speaker). He is also goodwill ambassador of the Avgouleas Linardatos schools.
He is the only Greek who has climbed 4 of the 14 eight thousand m. peaks (8000 m from sea level) of the planet (Grand Slam ).
Everest 8.848m – Kangchenjunga 8.586m – Manaslu 8.163m – Lhotse 8.516m
He participated as the only Greek in the international winter mission 2020/21 in K2 8.167m (7.450m)
1990 - present time
31 years of mountaineering and climbing in Greece and abroad.
- 18 countries: Greece, Switzerland, France, Nepal, China, Peru, Tajikistan, Iran, Kenya, Tanzania, Tibet, Argentina, Canada, Italy, Morocco, Albania, Georgia, Pakistan.
- Mountain Ranges: Himalaya, Andes, Alps, Canadian Rocky Mountains, Pamirs
- Head of mountaineering expeditions
- Everest 8.848m Νepal
- Kangchenjunka 8.586m Νepal
- Manaslu 8.163m Νepal
- Dhaulagiri 8.167m Νepal
- Pumori 7.161m Nepal
- Lenin 7.134m Tajikistan
- Aconcagua 6.960m Argentina
- Noigin Kangsank 7.206m Tibet
- Huascaran 6.768m Peru
- 61 mountaineering expeditions all over the World.
- 589 mountaineering and climbing courses in Greece and abroad.
- ALPS , successful mountaineering on 54 peaks with height over 4000 m - 48 peaks over 3000m - 27 peaks over 2000 m.
Awards and Distinction from the Athletics General Secretariat and from the Climbing and mountaineering Federation, for :
- Everest 8.848m, Kangchenjunga 8.586m, Manaslu 8.163m, Pumori 7.161m, Kenya 5.199m (opening of a new climbing route), Lhotse 8.516m
- 15 Marathon races
- 11 completions of the Classic Athens Marathon race (42 Km)
- 4 completions of Paris, Malaga, Barcelona, Pisa (42 Km)
- Best time (Malaga 2015) : 3.45’
- 33 completions in bicycle races Brevets, 200 Km, 300 Km, 400 Km, 600 Km, 1000 Km
- 2015, completion in 76 hours nonstop on the bicycle race Paris-Brest-Paris (1230 Km)
- 150 Races up to 21 km in Greece
- Cross fit - 2016 First Greek participation in the Milan finals for over 50 years olds.